GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
INDIAN HYDROBIOLOGY-INSTRUCTION TO AUTHORS
- Indian Hydrobiology accepts original research papers and review articles on all aspects of the biology of aquatic organisms in relation to their environment and exploitation of these for the benefit of human welfare.
- Papers are published on the understanding that the authors have to pay a page charge to be notified to the authors at the time of the approval of final proof.
- Manuscripts should be submitted as soft copy typed using Microsoft word, with font no. 12, Times New Roman script, in double line space. Figures and illustrations have to be made in to separate JPEG/TIFF plates accompanied with legend separately in ms word file. First page of the manuscript should contain the title of the paper, a running title name(s) of authors.
- The author(s) with address, email id of author for communication and an abstract not exceeding 200 words to be given in second page.
- Original research papers should be divided into Introduction, Material and Methods, Results, Discussion, conclusion, Acknowledgements (if any) and References.
- Tables with proper numbers and formatted properly to be included at the end of the Text in the manuscript.
- Figures should be grouped together in such a way as to drawn on the plate with clear figure numbers in good contrast to the back ground. Colour plates are accepted for publication on payment of extra charges.
- Do not mix photographs and ink drawings on one plate.
- Indicate clearly the position where tables, plates and figures to be inserted.
- References in the text should be by name of author(s) and year of publication. Detailed reference giving name of author(s), year of publication, title of paper, abbreviated name of journal, volume, number and inclusive pages should be listed under references in an alphabetical order. Books should be cited by title, name of publisher and/or plates of publication and total number of pages.
- Papers intended for publication in IH should be mailed to the Chief Editor, Indian Hydrobiology <email@example.com>
- Only pdf of published paper will be sent to concerned authors after the release of hard copies of the journal. Reprints are not supplied. Hard copy of the journal is supplied only to members of KIA.
Papers and reports submitted in periodicals
1) Bryan, G.W. 1960. The absorption of zinc and other metals by the brown seaweed,
Laminaria digitata. J. mar. biol. Ass. U.K., 49: 225-243.
Papers in edited books:
2) Burns, N.M. and Ross, C. 1972. Oxygen-nutrient relationships within the central basin of Lake Erie. In: H.E.Allen and J.R. Karmer (eds.). Nutrients in natural water, Wiley-Interscience pp. 193-250.
3) Round, F.E. 1979. The Ecology of Algae. Cambridge Univ. Press, U.K. 652 pp.
Original research articles on all aspects of algae and other aquatic organisms are invited to be included in the forthcoming issue (Volume 20, No.2) to be released in December, 2021. Send your article before 30th June, 2021 with a self certificate that your article has not been sent to any other journal for publication.
Mail your articles to the following e-mail id.